Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Open invitation for discussion

Just to introduce myself, I am completely self taught.

Everything I know about Excel comes from countless hours of sweat, frustration, and toil, tinkering around in this infernal program and trying to figure out how to get it to do what I want.

I interned for a while in educational research. There I got to teach myself through google how to draft SPSS code and develop complicated spreadsheets in Excel. Later I moved on to an IT department in a loan processing center, where most of my time was spent writing test plans for software testing and integrating the test plans with new cells that could report progress stats to management without performing the same analysis daily. I then moved on to managing an inventory for a health supplement processing plant.

While I do not have an IT degree, I have taught myself the way around Excel. There are many formulas I do not know. I invite anyone to discuss problems they are having in Excel here, and I will do my best to help anyone who asks to get Excel to do what they want it to do. I also invite people to make suggestions on my post about how I could have made the formulas simpler.

I currently run a copy of Excel 2003. I am experienced with 2007 and 2010, but do not own copies of those versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment